Please care for your natural fibre garment, footwear or accessory by following these instructions:
Store your product with lavender bags /sachets – they smell great & help keep moths and other creepy crawlies at bay. Cedar wood is also excellent for this.
Our products are rinsed in a felting finish at the end of the felting process which assists in protecting them.
As our products are naturally dirt & odor repellent you will find that you very rarely, if ever, need to wash them.
However if washing is required:
- Use luke-warm water with a little liquid wool wash (or mild shampoo).
- Submerge your felted item and leave it to soak for a few minutes.
- Gently swish your felted item through the water a few times.
- Rinse thoroughly using same temperature water, and same method. A slurp of vinegar will help to restore the pH of the fibres.
- Do not rub or agitate the product or it may shrink.
You can remove excess water and speed up the drying process by placing your felt item on “spin only” in your washing machine for around 5 -8 minutes.
DO NOT USE RINSE AND SPIN CYCLE OR WASH CYCLE FOR THIS.
DO NOT USE WASHING MACHINE or TUMBLE DRIER TO LAUNDER YOUR FELT.
You may wish to wipe the leather soles of your slippers with a damp cloth from time to time.